Wednesday, June 13, 2012

All Men are Created Equal... If You're American

         Today, I browsed an interesting article, dealing with immigration, in The New York Times. This article titled, "Evangelical Groups Call for New Stance on Illegal Immigration" talked about a affiliation of religious organizations requesting better opportunities for illegal immigrants as opposed to the views of the Republican Party. The Republican party is "hawkish" in its views on illegal immagration suggesting harsh policies alienanting the hispanic vote at times. The evangelical groups suggest policies that would give Illegals more rights.
       I feel this article displays a relevant opinion that is useful to the understanding of an important topic of the upcoming presidential election.
       I've never been directly impacted by immigration but I feel I have a thoughtful valid opinion on the subject. I feel we should allow Illegal immigrants the chance to get citizenship if they have already entered the U.S. That being said however I feel we should also tighten up the border because we're becoming over populated. So, if somehow you're an illegal an get across the border more power to you. I want someone with that courage in our country. Many Americans don't realize how much illegal immigrants do for us. They work the minimum paying jobs that most Americans are too lazy or arrogant to work. These same Americans are the ones who say the Illegals are taking there jobs. These Americans probably wouldn't work there if they had the chance. They think too highly of themselves. So I believe illegal immigrants should work until they make enough money to buy a citizenship, instead of being shunned from America's apparently inalienable rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment